Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Orcas

One morning I was puttering around in the kitchen at Haro House when George, our landlord, came down with camera in hand. "Whales coming by", he said.

Now how fast do you think I can pick up camera and binoculars and step outside? Yes, that fast.

The whales passed by without surfacing in front of the house so we all piled into the family van and headed down to the marina where George keeps his boat. In touch by radio and cell phone with his whale watching friend who was out there in his zodiac, we soon caught up to them around some small islands off Oak Bay. There were 3 of them, transient Orcas munching on seal sausages and we watched them up close for a good 20 minutes before they continued their way down the coast and we headed home as we had a date that morning to look at some sailboats for sale up in Sydney.





I had problems with my brand new camera. Stuck lense. Guess it's time to RTFM. So I just watched and Howard took these memory pictures.

Thrilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment